SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
as a new used Saab owner this would be my first repair. The window gasket on the driver's side came out of that plastic triangle that also holds the mirror. Can anyone give me a tip about where to order the proper gasket (I suspect it came out because it is not the right one and also by now it is distorted) and maybe a description what it entails to remove the inner door panel and refit the gasket.
Thanks, Matthias

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. Will immediately try on the weekend. I doubt though that a NYC dealer hands over a free part.
Btw, my Saab has exactly the same mileage.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
I removed the panel this weekend and was able to pull the gasket back in and down the forward window guide. It seems though that the window is pushing forwards on its way up and thereby pushes the gasket out. Any tips on how to adjust the window lift, so that it runs smoothly in the track?
Matze

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You might want to first check the guide rollers that the window sits on in the track, to make sure they are good and secure. If one of these rollers is broken then the window will not travel in the right path up and down.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That might actually be it, since the window is tilting slightly forward when going up.
Any idea where to get the rollers, just in case?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Coincidentally, my window began having a simliar issue today. I took the door panel off and determined that of the two green roller wheels, one was broken on the plastic part. This may be your problem. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow to see if they can get me a part number. I will be sure to post it for you when I find out.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
mur said:
Coincidentally, my window began having a simliar issue today. I took the door panel off and determined that of the two green roller wheels, one was broken on the plastic part. This may be your problem. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow to see if they can get me a part number. I will be sure to post it for you when I find out.
No need. Here's what you need and the part number too :cheesy:
http://www.eeuroparts.com/productdetail.aspx?searchResults=1&code=6803

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They even have a third party part:

Part Code: 4493433A
Part Name: Window Roller
Part Brand: ScanTech
Part Cost: $2.99 USD
Part Description: Window roller for any 94-98 900, 9-3 99-02 (and 03 convert), 9-5 all. 2 per window regulator.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I picked one of those rollers up at the dealer, luckily they had one in stock. It was a pain in the *** to install though. Be sure that the window is seated properly otherwise you will get it all done, and the window will barely budge. Let me know if you have any questions about the process because I have probably made all the mistakes possible for this repair in the last 12 hours.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I think you did things correctly, Mur.

You found out what the problem was and how to fix it.
And $3 is far better than $90 anyday...
VW has this same problem with window regulator plastic rollers, they probably use the same design....
There is so much good info here, I must make it a "favorite".
Thanks to the forum members here at SaabCentral..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mur said:
I picked one of those rollers up at the dealer, luckily they had one in stock. It was a pain in the *** to install though. Be sure that the window is seated properly otherwise you will get it all done, and the window will barely budge. Let me know if you have any questions about the process because I have probably made all the mistakes possible for this repair in the last 12 hours.
I replaced the roller in the track connected to the glass, but was unable to remove the roller out of the track that is mounted to the door. What is the trick there? I got the scissors off but then got stuck there.
Anyways, the rollers seem to be fine though. I noticed that the window has play, moving and tilting forward inside the forward guide, then causing the gasket that sits insde the guide to be pushed out by 6 inches as the window comes up.
Is there a way to secure the window, or adjust it, so it doesn't tilt forward? Nothing in the assembly seems to be loose though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The key to disconnecting and removing the rollers is force as far as I can tell. Don't go too crazy and break your mechanism, but I had to apply significant force to squeeze it out of the size of the track. Also, just be sure that when you do it, you set the glass inside the track on both sides. I thought that my motor was dying but in fact the glass was just outside the track causing a ton of resistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts