SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, am new to this foum so apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere.
The drivers footwell of my SAAB 9-5 Vector Estate is like a swimming pool. I can't find any obvious leaks anywhere - and the problem does seem to be worse if it's been left overnight or if it's rained. Is there a plug or seal I should be looking at?
Appreciate any help.

Tks,

·
Registered
26 Posts
air conditioning drain valve

I had this happen to me. The a/c drainage hose or the draining from the windshield gets clogged with debris. It makes its way into the car and it is the foot wells that flood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David,

Thanks for the reply to my thread and apologies for not answering sooner, I'll check those possibilities out today.

VMT

Meiktila148

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pab95,

Thanks for the link to that thread -it looks really useful. Apologies for the tardy reply - jetlag!

VMT

Meiktila148

·
Registered
740 Posts
Do you have sunroof? Sunroof drain hoses (one in each corner) are also known to clog and then water makes it's way into the car. AC is also a probable cause, although it usually pools in the rear footwells. Also, it only does this when you use AC, something I doubt you do on the islands in November ;) (if that's where you are located)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I had this happen to me, but mum is old and she really couldnt help it ;oops:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Is the carpet wet or is the water under the carpet?

I had a plugged sunroof drain and the water eventually got to the twice module and blew out my power lock units in the doors.

Pull out the seats and carpet, dry up the water. Start the car with the a/c on max. See if you can find any new water. If you do, it would be the a/c drain hoses. If not, then turn on a hose or sprinkler over your car. Look for water leaks.
Best of luck.
Wayne

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. Unwilling to touch it myself (tempting fate given my DIY record): have got the car booked in for a service and inspection so fingers crossed.

Regards and happy motoring,

Meiktila148

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All,

Just thought I'd close this thread and let you know what happened: an A.C drain hose just in front of the drivers seat had a small split near the end. Garage (Jon SAAB, Chalwyn Industrial Estate, Poole) trimmed it off, re-seated it and didn't charge me anything on top of the service. Now drying out carpet and foam pads prior to re-fitting (which the garage are also doing for nothing)!

Thanks to all for the advice, enjoy the festive season and have a great new year.

Meiktila148

1 - 11 of 11 Posts