SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 SAAB 95 automatic

I bought a drive shaft from eeuroparts DSS Axle Assembly - Front (New) SKU: 0020N
and its too long to fit, the nut and thread is different, splines good.

it also pulled apart on the inner boot when I was taking it out.

I'll be sending it back, but what is the correct part number, I don't want them to send another wrong part.

I think the left and right are the same parts, and it looks like the same parts for auto and manual. Correct?

Suggestions please.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It looks to be the correct one. You can easily reinsert the axle into the inner cv joint. (FYI - the overall length when the axle is correctly inserted should be 24-7/32" compressed.) Feel the joint through the rubber boot and gently move it around to seat it into the housing while reinserting the axle. I don't think it matters that the nut and threads are different; this is an aftermarket axle.

Look at this to understand how it's assembled.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks to be the correct one. You can easily reinsert the axle into the inner cv joint. (FYI - the overall length when the axle is correctly inserted should be 24-7/32" compressed.) Feel the joint through the rubber boot and gently move it around to seat it into the housing while reinserting the axle. I don't think it matters that the nut and threads are different; this is an aftermarket axle.

Look at this to understand how it's assembled.

Ty

Tried that and it won't slide back in
And eeuroparts does not ship to Hawaii anymore.

So much for that lifetime warrantee.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Just keep trying. It's too long because the axle #2 is pulled out of the tripod bearing ("companion flange") #10. It's splined so it will go back in. Then measure the overall length. I'm not saying suppliers don't make mistakes but in this case it seems to be the right one.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Tripod looks like the picture below. It fits into three matching grooves in the companion shaft. On your original, you can see that shape. Looks like the aftermarket doesn't have the same external shape, but it has to be the same inside the round housing. See if you can match them up.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
You can always clip the outer CV joint clamp, pull the boot back, and see what's going on in there. Band clamps should be relatively easy to find at most any auto parts store. NAPA, in particular, sells universal fit ones that I've used a few times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts