SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i am dealing with the acc blend door that seems to be quite an issue. my 2001 95 is blowing good hot air from defroster vents even though i'm asking for ac out of the dash vents. after getting the 08 & 11 codes i did replace the driver side stop arm where everything else seemed to be ok and discovered the gear shaft sticking to far out of the lower motor on the other side. I still have the same codes and problem !. after watching the system check go through the motions the driver side motor has no movement at all. The compressor does kick on and off smoothly but shouldnt the ac line under the hood be cold to the touch? any opinions, suggestions and or a pep talk would be welcome, thanks

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Did you re-engagne the gear shaft? After that you need to re-index the motor ( with the motor out, turn the sytem on and then off to line up the keyed shaft so it will go into the blend door shaft arm and line up with the holes for mounting the motor

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I was able to manually turn the motor arm to position it for re-insertion. The arm which looks like a "T" was inverted to fit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply, i did get that alignment, the motor did sit in the location easily and flat, on the driver side i do not see any movement of doors or arm or hear anything working, i am about to take it apart again could i have installed it 180 degrees wrong and it is jammed ? thanks again, must get this fixed its 102 here

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Also check the gear, I remember reading that someone had to push the gears back into place cause it came out when the flap broke

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blend door issue

Afollow up, all the little motors are working and i have manually set door to blow air out of the dash vents good and strong just hot. could i have a bad freon ciculation through the condensor or other part of system ? I also had a difference in temp from hot to luke warm when i manually moved the door under driver side. maybe i need to evac the system and recharge again.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
If your blend door doesn't work properly, the cold air will be pouring out of your system somewhere else.

Before recharging your system, check under the hood. The A/C should have some parts that are cold to the touch. If they are, then you're back to the blend door problems.

Frankly, as I've written here before, I threw my hands up and paid my indy Saab shop $150 to re-install the new components with the correct index. It was well worth it. I spent probably 6-7 hours on the damned thing in three separate sessions and still couldn't get it all aligned properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
need ac

eggsngrits ! interesting log on, dare to be different thats why we drive saabs isn't it ?. I also believe i should have something cold under the hood like the line that you put freon in or the condensor line ? its all hot do i possibly have poor circulation through the lines or a clogged line somwhere ? how do i diagnose that? !!. I did have some cold air about 4 weeks ago on a road trip although only cold on highway not so much in town, now all hot, i do have pressure in the line evidence by the freon intake valve i pushed it with a screwdriver plenty of pressure. PLEASE HELP SOMEBODY. Thank you

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Well, first I'd take a look at the belt and drive pulley to see if they're moving as they should.

Second, I'd look at the fuses for the A/C to be sure that they are all where they need to be and that they are not blown.

Third: I'd make sure that the cooling fans are coming on (should be on virtually full time in this heat)

Assuming that all is OK there, look at the temp gauge while driving to be sure that the thermostats are doing as they should. Even in the hottest weather the temp should be middle of the travel at highway speeds. If higher or fluctuating, then change out the thermostat(s).

After that, you'll need to have some of the A/C-specific gear for measuring the pressure and compressor effectiveness. That's mechanic time. The good news: You don't need a special Saab mechanic for the A/C most likely.

There you go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts