SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever run one of these?
Can I use it on my 03 2.0t? It says it’s for 03-10 2.0T it looks like it would fit but I see it only has 2 sensor plug ins my cat has 3, one up top and two on the bottom right next to each other

·
Super Moderator
20,427 Posts
Have to have the car tuned to remove the EGT sensor.

·
Super Moderator
20,427 Posts
Be interested in what they think that will mate up to? This is a proper DP.

·
Super Moderator
20,427 Posts
and what a shitty bottleneck right there at the mounting point to the turbo. That's a really expensive POS.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be interested in what they think that will mate up to? This is a proper DP.

It looks like it should mate up to the factory exhaust.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
and what a shitty bottleneck right there at the mounting point to the turbo. That's a really expensive POS.
Do you think it’s really that bad? And could I take it to a muffler shop and get another sensor bung installed? The maptun one is nice but it’s $865CAD and it’s out of stock at the moment. The reason I’m considering it is cause the local scrap guy that buys cat converters/dpfs etc offered me $500 for my cat and this is $450 so I’d be making $50 by selling my cat and getting one of these and it’ll probably sounds wicked. Also the maptun one doesn’t incorporate the bracket to support the downpipe I’d be worried it would bend the studs like when I drove my car without that bracket on the cat but might be okay cause the maptun one is probably lighter then the stock one

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Because you have three bungs you would need this one.

Thanks for the link. Better than eBay and it’s cheaper and comes with 2 year warranty. Does that one have 3 bungs though? It looks like it does in the photo but in the description it says “one lamba sensor bung and one temperature sensor bung”

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not sure if they are still available, but, I bought a OBX cat-less downpipe for my B207R off Amazon in 2019 for $375. It was a direct bolt-on with two O2 bungs and one blocked o2 bung. The pipe replaced both the cat and the mid-pipe. It has been trouble free and along with a larger intercooler, K&N filter and BCB Stage 4 tune, it definitely transformed my little mild-mannered Combi into a beast! It's got an auto trans but it will burn rubber until it shifts or you take your foot off the pedal.

Now I'm doing similar things to my "new" 215,000 mile Turbo X, auto, Combi. I'm excited to see the results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used the OBX downpipe/midpipe combo; no check engine lights. However, you will want to get an intercooler and a tune. (I used BCB)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts