SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally had some free time and i installed an older version of the genuinesaab downpipe. The first time i tried to put it on it was about a half in short. The other day i saw something at autozone that answered the problem it was a galvanized steel flex pipe i cut the straight part of the old pipe and slipped the pipe over it on with some exhaust sealant and it worked after a couple tries. Anyway, I'm loving it powers up fast and the turbo sucking in air sounds like a jet. Top end power is most noticable i always felt the saab lost power after about 5000rpm but now it pulls all the way to redline. Since the power delivery is smoother torque steer is less of an issue it seems. The exhaust sound has hardly changed :). Good power upgrade without turning heads. 2nd and 3rd gear pulls are reminiscent of my friend's trans am. Was it worth the price? Since I bought it used, I would definitely say so. If I bought it new even then I would say so. For thoes who are on the fence of the downpipe instillation with out the catback go for it!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
You went no cat? mother nature is going to kill you now.

I love my dp, bu I have a cat so I dont konw how much difference there is between our set ups.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
genuine saabs down pipe came with a cat :) i <3 my planet

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hey i wanted to do Custom 3 inch Downpipe from Lou's Custom Exhaust. Is that a wise decision...i dont have a lot of money to pay for the GenSaab..of PFS.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as long as they do a good job of not making the pipe too close to the intercooler pipes, transmission and oil pan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts