SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the deed thanks to abdukted. Double stacked the rear sway bar.

Fortunately my car came from California so the bolts on the sway bar were so easy to remove. The whole job took 20 minutes. And I didn't even jack up the rear. Put two hose clamps about 6 inches from each bend.

What a difference! I can't believe what $20 can do to the handling of this car. A friend of mine will weld the whole thing when I take it off again. WOOHOO!

Gotta find time for that intercooler now. Using it for a door stop. Exhaust arrives Tuesday.:D

Dave

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Yep, there should be a "modding on the cheap" thread. I just want to add, it's been a few months since I added those hose clamps and they are still holding and are as tight as ever... Personally, I thought they'd all be on the side of the interstate by now,but...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those clamps will be just temporary for me. I'll get the nice weld job then repaint and reinstall. Will be interesting to see if there is any difference. I'll photo the bar when it's done.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Oh, no, I agree-weld it if you can! I just don't have access. I may look into welding classes one day. I know someone who does it for a hobby and makes some spare change on the side. Do a forum search for the welded swaybar and see how whoever that was did his.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
abdukted1456 said:
glad you like it. you owe me a dollar and thirty-five cents. no Canadian coins either.:nono;

:lol: :lol: :lol:
no Canadian coins? you'd take about 8 Florin then :lol:

C'mon show us your double stack! anyone done yellow yet ;)

click this link you know you want too

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
abdukted1456 said:
glad you like it. you owe me a dollar and thirty-five cents. no Canadian coins either.:nono;

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Er, um, check's in the mail. Will you take stamps? Yu-gi-ho cards? I've got a Ralph Boswin rookie card. Yeah, I don't know who he is either.
I'll take photos when I get it finished. Can't decide what color to paint it. Not yellow though. No offense Raggy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts