SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Does anyone know what a dose pipe is? there are plenty of videos on youtube of aussies with dose pipes and it just looks like an air filter in place of a dump valve? Bought a 1 inch airfilter to test it out but scared to test it out as i've read it could seize the turbo.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I searched "dose pipe" and gave up after checking a few links. Apparently it is some kind of turbo mod that's installed by people with a very poor grasp of grammar.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha, i encountered the same problem! just thought it produced quite a different sound. i like experimenting but don't want to kill my car :(

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Its also referred to as a dosage pipe. The one video I watched sounded like amplified compressor surge. And all these fools are saying you dont need a bypass valve or bov and that compressor surge is just fine. :nono; Although I still dont know why you would do it or how exactly, here is a quote that would keep me away.

The slow re-boosting is a downfall. Likewise having dose is also bad for performance. The dose pipe is connected right to the front of the turbo, the turbo is bolted straight up to the hot exhaust manifold. Hence it sucks in hot air, which is a downfall.
the video I watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5YboYGt5U0

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think I finally understand what they do. Although it sounds so dumb that Im still not sure.

They remove the BOV or BPV and plug that hole. Attach a small length of pipe and filter to the turbo intake and relocate the MAF and such after the turbo. and they use different sized pipe to change the pitch and amplify the surge noise. :eek:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jeez, thats a lot of work for a different sounding flutter! thanks for the posts mt.aero! its very interesting all the different kinds of blowing off you can get.
Just to clarify, i do think it sounds stupid, just wanted to test it out for a laugh!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts