SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!
Got a problem with all doors exept driver's and trunk.
The problem is that the doors will not unlock nor open. You can hear a 'click' from the central locking in all doors when you turn the key in the drivers door but nothing happens. There is no way to unlock the doors, you can't even force-open the doors from the inside. The lock buttons are also stuck so you can't pull them up either. The electronics has been checked and seems ok.
There were no problem with the doors prior to the sudden lockup.

Is my only option to bend up/break the doors with brute force? :evil:
Suggestions anyone?

/L

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
LarsE said:
Help!
Got a problem with all doors exept driver's and trunk.
The problem is that the doors will not unlock nor open. You can hear a 'click' from the central locking in all doors when you turn the key in the drivers door but nothing happens. There is no way to unlock the doors, you can't even force-open the doors from the inside. The lock buttons are also stuck so you can't pull them up either. The electronics has been checked and seems ok.
There were no problem with the doors prior to the sudden lockup.

Is my only option to bend up/break the doors with brute force? :evil:
Suggestions anyone?

/L
First, welcome to Saab Central!
Lars, I'm curious if your doors are deadlocked. When you first put the key in the driver's door outside lock cylinder, is the slit for the key verticle or horizontal? If horizontal, that would signify that the deadlock feature is engaged, thus rendering all doors inop from the inside (both by manually pulling the lock up and from central locking) and outside, the only means of ingress would be the trunk (why Saab left this without the feature I don't know). Though if that was the case, the driver's door should also be inop.

If it ends up being that the slit is verticle then its an issue with the central locking. Hopefully, you are able to access the fuse panel, if that is the case, try removing the fuse(s) related to the central locking system and then give the door locks a try.
Hopefully this a good start!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Does this vehicle have the alarm and remote control ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thnx!
I think you may be on to something there with the deadlock. The car isn't really mine, I'm just trying to help a friend out. But this info I've got from him:
The key slit is vertical, there is no remote control and the alarm has been disconnected for a couple of years.
The backseat door on driver's side can be opened if you manually pull the lock up while opening the door.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Surprising for an European car - this one seems to lack for lubrication of door locks and latches.

Is this vehicle subject to a lot of road salt ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts