SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have got a problum I own a 1995 900 convertible, I only have a key not a remote, the other day I locked the doors & they dead locked ,now they wont open ,is there any way to get the doors open as i have to go throug the boot to get into the car.;oops:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
well you dead lock the doors using the key by doing a quarter turn to the right, as you obviously know. you should just be able to turn it back to the unlock position unless there's something i'm missing.

btw, how the hell are you getting in through the boot if you need to unlock the seat to use the passthrough?;) even better, how the hell do you manage to fit through the passthrough?:eek:

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
DUDE!!!!! 3 threads on the same subject?
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120089
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119891
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119833

You won't get more answers this way so stop cluttering the board with duplicates!!!! :nono; We have to use the search button to get useful info and have to sift through all this :x

Some moderator please assemble those together.

The dead lock was activated and you seem to have a defectice lock mechanism.
I told you to lubricate the lock mechanism did you do that? It didn't work? If not, remove the driver seat and take off the door panel even if you destroy it a bit as you won't have a better solution.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Still Pete67... said:
Don't be sorry,your new to this and it takes a little time to get used to the system.

If you do get it sorted post how you did it...
Agreed; don't worry about it.

If the fixes listed don't help, have a look around some Vauxhall forums too as the lock system is largely the same as Cavalier/Calibra of the same age [Saab 900 convertible was built in Finland down the same track as 4x4 Calibras FYI] .

On these other cars I have heard about the microswitch playing up leaving the deadlocking un-moveable.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
capri mk1 said:
Hello I have got a problum I own a 1995 900 convertible, I only have a key not a remote, the other day I locked the doors & they dead locked ,now they wont open ,is there any way to get the doors open as i have to go throug the boot to get into the car.;oops:
I know its possible to still open the door from the inside if its deadlock, I've tried on my 1996 4-door. As long as you can still get into the car or the windows are open (in your case the boot), and you're strong enough to overcome the deadlock mechanism/spring, simply grab and pull up on the lock button/lever on the door while pulling on the interior door handle to open the door, the door will open, but it will still remain in the deadlocked position. This will at least give you the chance to open the window and drive the car to a mechanic or saab dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts