SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where to post this but I need help,

I have a 1996 900s Saab that I bought a few days ago,

When I use the driver side door to unlock the car, I cant unlock either doors I have to unlock the book and climb inside then unlock the driver door (Can unlock the passenger door) from inside.

But if I lock the car using the passenger door I can freely Lock and Unlock it as I please only on the passenger side.

Is this by design or is there something wrong?

More Info:

I cant physically turn the key to unlock on either the passenger or driver door when locking from driver side door.

I cant unlock the car using the Driver side door when locking from the passenger side door

I'm aware of the Deadlock feature and the driver side barrel is at 12'oclock

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
It's a bit confusing to read which door locks and unlocks.

If you can lock the car OK from either side, but can only unlock from passenger side, then the driver's side door lock is probably toast.

I don't know what programming the locking system might have for LHD vs RHD, and I don't think that being misprogrammed for the wrong side could do to make this kind of problem.

It's certainly not normal behaviour.

Does the car come with a remote and alarm, or is it missing those, just lock/unlock with key?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a bit confusing to read which door locks and unlocks.

If you can lock the car OK from either side, but can only unlock from passenger side, then the driver's side door lock is probably toast.

I don't know what programming the locking system might have for LHD vs RHD, and I don't think that being misprogrammed for the wrong side could do to make this kind of problem.

It's certainly not normal behaviour.

Does the car come with a remote and alarm, or is it missing those, just lock/unlock with key?
I can only deadlock if from the driver side, turing the key 45° to the left does nothing

As far as I'm aware it didnt come with a remote and alarm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds that you either have bad locking actuator or bad wire(s) between actuator and CL box.
Ill haveva look at it this weekend, would that cause the key to not be able to physically turn in the driver side lock?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts