SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,I am on my second 93ss my previous one had rattles and squeeks in both front doors it was 03 a linear150bhp.I now have an 05 tid and i think my rattles are coming back.Anyone with a cure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
door rattle/squeeks

Thanks for your reply.When this happened in my last car the dealer told me that it was a fault with the quality of the door rubbers and after a long wait they changed the door rubber or so they said BUT it made no difference.I changed the car for an 05 beliving that this problem should by now be rectified.I can hear the same noise coming back into the top right hand side of my door. I love the car but this is spoiling our relationship!!!!!.By the way i have only discovered this forum,:D its great to see so many saabists out there

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
door rattle/squeek

Thanks for your reply johnc 22,you are dead right about the smooth surface verses rough the unfortunate part is that in Ireland we have more rough surface roads than smooth,so you know what my right ear feels like.
My last 93 had 17"rims which gave the car a hard ride,this time i put 16" on and it has made a big difference comfort wise.yes tyre make also effects cabin noise.My dealer put grease on the top rubber of the door which helped except i sometimes ended up with a greasy hand.I will check out seat belt point as i belive you are right.
I would recomend BRIDGESTONE tyres as i found these so much quieter when i changed them from prls, this is my third 93 the first was 5 door type.I had no such problem with it.
I still would not change from saab(i wont tell my dealer that).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a mill for the info on the lubricant regarding the door seals, I have been using silicone spray grease which is slightly better than the ordinary spray - but i am now off to the local bmw dealer to ease the pain in my ear. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.