SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looks like I have to take panels off and lube door and lock links,any do's or don'ts or tricks and tips would be helpful.

Thanks

Saab 1

·
Registered
936 Posts
Just be careful with the rods in the doors, they have little plastic clip on sliders...... they are probably pretty old and brittle, if you break them, its gonna be hard to find replacements for them and you'll have to spend time rigging something up

Also don't go crazy with lube, these part aren't subject to real high heat or anything, the grease won't break down so don't use to much

·
Registered
292 Posts
Getting the drivers side door panel off is a pain. If I remember correctly, to remove the trim piece that goes over the latch that opens the door requires that you insert a probe into the front part of the mirror selector switch to release a tab. The Haynes manual is WRONG, (surprise surprise) you can't just pry off the trim piece. Check this procedure as I haven't done it in a while.

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
abusot said:
Getting the drivers side door panel off is a pain. If I remember correctly, to remove the trim piece that goes over the latch that opens the door requires that you insert a probe into the front part of the mirror selector switch to release a tab. The Haynes manual is WRONG, (surprise surprise) you can't just pry off the trim piece. Check this procedure as I haven't done it in a while.
Just pull out the three position lever (the one to select which mirror move) and, using a small screwdriver, pry the tab behind it. The mirror switch will come off and reveal a screw (or two :confused: ) that hold the trim piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts