SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to disassemble the interior door panel? I’m looking to take a peek inside to find out what is going on with my drivers side lock. I have manual windows, do I need a window crank puller?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Its probably the easiest door panel to take off. start with the door handle. there is I think a 10 torx, and then I think there are some more on the bottom ofthe door. There are also plastic fasteners that come off when you out then up. ITs been a while but I took mine off and removed the window actuator to find that it was just the window switch. but not a tough job at all.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Since you have manual windows, you need to use a tiny flat blade screw-driver to pry the round black plastic cover off the center of the window crank. This will expose a screw. Take that out and pull the handle off.

Like said above, remove the one small screw holding the door pull frame on. Take the frame off, and the cloth panel behind. This will expose a few more torx screws. Take these out as well as the 2 at the bottom corners, and it's ready to come off. (oh yes, also unscrew the door lock knob)

Good luck,
-Rob

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That's an interesting set of videos on youtube! Interesting TV program, for sure. There goes another 40mins of productivity! :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Uhhh thats not how I took my front seats out...

There are 4 nuts for each seat, why does he says you can just unscrew one bolt???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts