SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel sort of like a typical American inquiring about this subject, but cup holders are nice in some instances. I read on an earlier post about some sort of door-mounted cup holders that are available as a genuine Saab accessory. I am missing the center cup holder so the only one I have is the in-dash one. I am scared that it will spill a drink into my radio at some point. I was curious as to where exactly the door cup holders mounted. Do they actually fit in the door pocket? I am considering buying some just so I don't have to hold my drink between my legs when I drive.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The top center holder is quite sturdy..i drive around with venti coffee from starbucks and it is ok..although sometimes it makes you think that is going to break...just keep the lid on so it doesn't spill :)

I think you might be thinking about this one:
http://www.stateofnine.com/page/stateofnine/PROD/DoorCupHdlr

But i am not sure if i would be able to reach the cup with my left hand...kinda weird...for me the cup holder in center console works ok..but it is 1mm to small for my large coffee mug with press..so i drive with it between my legs...i would really like cup holder that could be placed on the right side of the center console just next to the auto trans selector

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The one I saw was a bit smaller and actually attached to the lower pocket I think...I'm exactly sure though. I read that it was strictly a European accessory. Perhaps I'll check ebay for a center console holder. I had two in my old 9000, those worked surprisingly well, the larger one even held the big energy drink can. I suppose if I was into drinking and driving, it would have fit a tall can of my favorite malt liquor as well :D.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
One dollar for the cup holder at Big Lots; mount it with one screw on the right side of the console - nothing easier. Another dollar for the water bottle sleeve(a must) at another "dollar" store.
Sometimes the cheapest and easiest ways are the best.
I feel that Sweden is wrong for have a law against drinking a beverage ,even water, in the car..Laws can go too far.;oops:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think they changed that law recently earthworm. You may now drink water while driving.

But I will one up you on cheap drinkholders... with my '87 900s, and now with this '94, there just happens to be enough room to shove a travel mug between the door and seat. Voila! Free cup holder!

It's probably a good thing that neither has/had power seats. Oh, and remember to take the mug out when you open the door. I think a couple of SuperAmerica/Speedway mugs met their demise this way.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i know this is an older thread, but i just couldn't abide by paying $53 for a friggen cup holder. :eek:

the holder at state of nine really appears to be the exact same cupholder that BMW sells as oem for a number of their cars.

This BMW parts house has what looks like is an identical cup holder for $28.
http://www.trademotion.com/parts/in...+0+027+936+&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214672

Part number 82-11-0-027-936, available at your friendly neighborhood BMW parts counter.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i had a reply i made here but the site is 'holding' it on probation i guess.

i found that the part state of nine sells is also a part BMW calls OEM.

i just bought a pair of them used (in new condition) from bimmerforums for $39 shipped.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I broke my stock cup holder twice. what a sticky mess.

I use a shoe on the passenger floor, any cup fits in perfect. and it won't tip over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts