SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Saab 9-3 and was wondering if someone could tell me how to reprogram the automatic door locks and the options that are available. The owners manual indicates they can be reprogrammed, however, it indicates you should contact your Saab dealer. I am sure it is an easy process.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Guess again. All custom features are programmed via "tech 2," the electronics system used by Saab. Dealers are the only ones who can "talk" to your car and program all these settings. You can do a search on this forum and find all programmable options- it's been discussed often. Some dealers will make any and all changes for free, while others will charge $25-50 for their time. I had my dealer program my locks about five months ago, fortunately, free of charge.

·
Registered
193 Posts
And excuse my manners, but I just saw it was you first post! Welcome to the forums, and good luck with your new Saab!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
jnovak1 said:
Thank you! I will contact the dealer and, hopefully, get a "freebie" re-program.
If you just got the car and have not gone for your first 30 day check up service - read thru the FAQ above relating to all TECH2 options, write down what you want and take to dealer for your 30 day service. They will reprogram it for free (during 30 day service only) - it is included in your car purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts