SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1996 900SE convertible:

my fuse keeps blowing for my door locks...and I noticed I had accidentally set the alarm and didnt realize it was activated because the alarm was silent, only a clicking under the seat was audible....I dont know if this is from the same problem.

But for sure....the door lock fuses keep blowing....

i have noticed electrical burning smell in the past while driving and at one time smoke coming from behind fuse box area....

it almost seems like there is a pile of melted wiring somewhere....any ideas on where to locate?...what to do?

thanks.

David

BTW - at 130,000 miles...a lot of major things have failed on it in the past year.....fuel pump, radiator, clutch, power steering pressure hoses.....i am hoping that i have survived and passed thru this barrier of problems, but now this electrical prob.

oh..and the power window button that operates ALL the 4 windowss will only work going down...not going back up....but the individual windows buttons work down and up....i have noticed what seemed to be stickinesss around this button in the past like it could have been a spilt drink or something...but would that only prevent it from working in one direction?..or is this an addition to the electrical probs from above.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ACK, thats lot of problem you got there, for the door button try chip it open and see if the tab underneath is wearing >.> on my old ford i simply raise it up alittle use a screw drive then voila! but i haven't got a chance to explore my saab yet >.< hehe, give it a try,,,

·
Registered
65 Posts
I opened an cleaned my switchboard (between seats) and all functions became much better, like new,
I guess that during the 9-10 years there will be lots of dust, coffe, coke, and other stuff in there.
(mine had a sticky up button on the 4-way window)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts