SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought used 2004 9-3 Aero Convertible. Door lock switch located on drivers door did not work. Key Fobb works the lock/unlock fine. Replaced switch in door with new factory switch, same result. The switch is illuminated so I assume it has power. Does not make any noise whatsoever when toggled. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
19,653 Posts
bought used 2004 9-3 Aero Convertible. Door lock switch located on drivers door did not work. Key Fobb works the lock/unlock fine. Replaced switch in door with new factory switch, same result. The switch is illuminated so I assume it has power. Does not make any noise whatsoever when toggled. Any ideas?
When you say key fob works do you mean the metal key? Sounds like the actuator is bad. Pretty common.

·
Registered
39 Posts
on my 08 that I just bought, the passenger side unlock doesn't always work without manually pulling it up, I assume thats the actuator as well?

Is that a very expensive/hard fix? Just beginning to learn all the little things I'm going to have to get taken care of on Stig (I seem to only name my Saabs...)

·
Registered
715 Posts
on my 08 that I just bought, the passenger side unlock doesn't always work without manually pulling it up, I assume thats the actuator as well?

Is that a very expensive/hard fix? Just beginning to learn all the little things I'm going to have to get taken care of on Stig (I seem to only name my Saabs...)
Yes that's a fail sign of the lock actuator, a used one runs around $75 and its diy'able or about an hour labor at the shop.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the info. Glad it's not too expensive, but for me DIY is very limited. I mostly just trust myself to re-fill the washer fluid lol, plus i live in an apartment so no garage area to work and no tools to work with.

My mechanic is going to do very well though haha

·
Super Moderator
19,653 Posts
Thanks for the info. Glad it's not too expensive, but for me DIY is very limited. I mostly just trust myself to re-fill the washer fluid lol, plus i live in an apartment so no garage area to work and no tools to work with.

My mechanic is going to do very well though haha
Unhook the negative on your battery for 5 mins. Sometimes the car just needs a reset. 10mm wrench.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Digg,
To clarify, when i user the remote transmitter to lock\unlock the door locks respond with no issue. The rocker switch on drivers door doesnt seem to be working. Again, i replaced the switch and still the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
19,653 Posts
Digg,
To clarify, when i user the remote transmitter to lock\unlock the door locks respond with no issue. The rocker switch on drivers door doesnt seem to be working. Again, i replaced the switch and still the same issue.
So, just to clarify. You get in the car and close the door. Hit the lock button and it doesn't work? You can't lock the car with the door open. Does the other side work?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Digg, that is correct and no the passenger side does not work with the rocker either. This is a. Door convertible.

·
Super Moderator
19,653 Posts
Digg, that is correct and no the passenger side does not work with the rocker either. This is a. Door convertible.
Then it's highly unlikely mechanical (not the actuator). Sounds like it's time for a trip to the dealer. Sorry.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bamguy, could you give us an update? I just called the local dealer here (no saab indie shops around...) for the same problem. The main reason I ask is because I have been wondering if this faulty lock system is the reason for my alarm triggering at the most random times, usually at night... Neighbors are getting pissed :eek:

·
Super Moderator
19,653 Posts
Bamguy, could you give us an update? I just called the local dealer here (no saab indie shops around...) for the same problem. The main reason I ask is because I have been wondering if this faulty lock system is the reason for my alarm triggering at the most random times, usually at night... Neighbors are getting pissed :eek:
Yes it likely is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts