SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching the forums, but couldnt find this.... the little plastic clip that holds the rod for the door lock that gets broken quite easily if you manually lock/unlock your doors, where can you get replacements??? ive been looking around on here, i remember seeing someone having this problem before in the past, but couldnt find the thread... any help iwll be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I picked some up from a Pick n pull type junkyard. Besides something like that, or call in and specially ask for something, it might be a hard part to acquire.

Maybe try a dealer (oh noes)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I got mine from a junkyard. I know they break all the time so every time I go, I grab a whole bunch just in case.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ii remember some being on a website, cant remember if it was PFS or somewhere else, but i remember seeing them online, like 3 USD or something... just trying to find that again...

·
Registered
936 Posts
The guides that hold the rods right.... If you have a weilder itd be real easy, just get a metal tube, cut maybe a half inch long piece and tack it right in place..... what i wouldve done, had i had a weilder

·
Registered
148 Posts
My rear passenger door was locked shut when I bought the car so I had to take out the back seat to remove the panel and get to the lock. I found out the problem was the lock actuator was stiff to move and broke a little pivot plug just beyond the lock handle at the top of the door and the rod leading along the door to the lock actuator was bent. I removed the plug, attached the rod to the door with a thin 3/4" bolt and a couple of nuts and epoxied the little lock "pull-up" to its rod. Also, I slid up the rubber boot at the top of the actuator and hit it with some silicone spray. Works fine now. It looks like a really weak spot so I plan on removing the other 3 panels one day and doing the same to the rest of the doors.

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
I just removed one of my door actuators, it is just plain dead. Power is there when central locking is actuated, the mechanics are in good order but the actuator just doesnt't even try to move, nor up or down.
Question now is... how do I open it and try to fix it? there are no screws on it, it looks factory sealed :confused: Does anybody ever successfully repaired one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts