SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my drivers side door of my 93 had been giving me trouble, the electric lock was able to lock the door, but not unlock it, it was also giving me the sid message about lock system failure, but now its completely jammed and I have absolutely no way of opening the drivers side door. The key hole does nothing, the little peg that moves with the lock is stuck down, and none of the buttons do anything to open the door. At this point I'm stuck climbing out of the window, or climbing over the center console. I was going to grab some tools and open the door panel but I can't even do that with out being able to open the door!

I've heard of similar issues but never anything like this, anyone with any experience?

https://youtu.be/YThzGVXpYzU

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
but would it be a ground if it is still getting power? because the sid knew it was messing up, and i can hear a slight click as if its attempting to move the lock, it just seems jammed. also if it was an electrical issue, wouldnt i be able to pull the little peg up to unlock the door?

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
The post directly before yours may be of assistance. Strange timing indeed.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689586

Certainly not an easy solution but from my recollection the least destructive method I have seen as a solution.

You having a convertible makes it somewhat different but I suspect the general principle should be the same.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The post directly before yours may be of assistance. Strange timing indeed.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689586

Certainly not an easy solution but from my recollection the least destructive method I have seen as a solution.

You having a convertible makes it somewhat different but I suspect the general principle should be the same.
yeah i just read that before posting this, seemed like a little different, was hoping someone knew of a more simple way to pop it open

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
The convertibles door panel does lift off vertically so it might be possible. Only major issue is by the mirror where normally a screw needs to be removed that is in the jamb.
I suppose it might be easy enough to replace that part since it would break most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
I assume you have a copy of the WIS...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i was able to get the door panel out of the way enough to get my arm down in there, but that still doesn't help anything really. I took the passenger door panel off too to just be able to understand what i'm reaching for inside the door. However it basically seems like the door mechanism is a sealed box, so i was able to move the rods and the cable connected to the handles but thats it, and it still didn't help anything. also managed to somehow trip the immobilzer during this effort so now i cant even start the car.

also i do not have a copy of WIS

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do you have comfort open? You could use your key to roll down your windows every time

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you use comfort open (hold the unlock button on your key) the windows will roll down and you can manually pull the lock up. If the issue is just that the door isn’t unlocking through the key (both physical and remote) then you could bypass that by manual unlocking it (if the interior lock works). If your immobilizer is going off after unlocking the car you have a bigger problem..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so the immobilizer thing is over, apparently i just drained the battery while i was messing around with the car open. charged the battery and now its fine.

also its not that i cant get to the lock, its that nothing happens even when i do move the lock. the little peg was stuck down, but with some yanking it come up, and now moves up and down seemingly normal by hand, how ever the door is still stuck closed. whether with the clicker, or the key, or the interior door handles or lock buttons nothing seems to get the drivers door open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts