SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was unable to turn the key to the left when inside the lock to unlock the doors. The key wil not turn to the left. It will oddly turn to the right and I can lock the doors but not unlock them. I oiled the lock and actually I had oiled it about 3 weeks ago so I am surprised I am having this issue. Has anyone run into this problem? It feels like a mechanical issue as I don't think there's any electronics that would prevent the key from turning left, correct?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
A similar problem as well with the bluebird - the lock is a bit hard to turn at the LS door (USA drivers). I'd say the stiffness is inside the door at the lock mechanism.. When this is encountered, one should check things out.

Applying more force will lead to disaster...
There has been hundreds of threads on this subject, the solution is ????

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Is it? I thought it was a school bus, those big yellow school buses. I remember when I was in school the model of the bus was a "Bluebird"

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Diosnoche said:
Is it? I thought it was a school bus, those big yellow school buses. I remember when I was in school the model of the bus was a "Bluebird"
Hahaha I forgot about those schol buses :lol:
he has a blue 1996 NG900 he calls her the bluebird :cheesy:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did some searching on the subject but couldn't find anything specific to this issue. Is there something I can soak in oil to solve the issue? Removal of the door panel maybe and disassembly of something?

I got the lock working but jiggling the key like crazy while moving it out slightly.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
jmcn said:
I did some searching on the subject but couldn't find anything specific to this issue. Is there something I can soak in oil to solve the issue? Removal of the door panel maybe and disassembly of something?

I got the lock working but jiggling the key like crazy while moving it out slightly.
try squirting some pb blaster in the cylinder lock without removing it then wiggle it until it losens up. It should work unless it's really jammed good. After it losens up lubricate it using some graphite grease

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Back in '66 Saab sold a "yellowbird" for $1,595 ,new, but baked in the sun.These were actually leftover '65s or '66, I think.

Maybe the yellow did not meet the approval of the buying public.

They did have the tri-power as did the '66s..
Anyway, this gave me the "bluebird" idea..
Datsun made a "Bluebird" in the 60s, 70s....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts