SaabCentral Forums banner

Door lock cylinder spins, won’t unlock the door

460 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  j deegan
Last night I took a drive out to a bar with a friend in my O2 93se. Got back to the car at the end of the night and the driver’s door would not unlock. The Key spun completely around. ( My remote fob has never worked since I got the car). The hatch still unlocked, and fortunately my date was small and willing to climb in through the back and open the car from the inside, which set off the alarm. It was a real comedy of errors, but we got home. now I’m afraid to lock the car. I’ve been searching for posts and threads about what to do. Anybody have a similar experience?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,324 Posts
it sounds as if the little arm came off the lock unit , its held on with a plastic clip and they do break apart with age and vibration, take the door card off and put it back on.

Reactions: 93fetish

· Registered
17 Posts
Last night I took a drive out to a bar with a friend in my O2 93se. Got back to the car at the end of the night and the driver’s door would not unlock. The Key spun completely around. ( My remote fob has never worked since I got the car). The hatch still unlocked, and fortunately my date was small and willing to climb in through the back and open the car from the inside, which set off the alarm. It was a real comedy of errors, but we got home. now I’m afraid to lock the car. I’ve been searching for posts and threads about what to do. Anybody have a similar experience?
I, too have a 98 9-3 that I purchased new. Always used the key fob button until it fell apart. This was wwhen i finally removed the top secret fob key and discovered it does not match my door lock. Any thoughts on how to find the proper mechanical key?

· Registered
20,544 Posts
I, too have a 98 9-3 that I purchased new. Always used the key fob button until it fell apart. This was wwhen i finally removed the top secret fob key and discovered it does not match my door lock. Any thoughts on how to find the proper mechanical key?
You can order a key cut to your VIN from a Saab factory supplier.

Do you really have a 1998 9-3 purchased new in the USA?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.