SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. Anyone have any ideas on why the door lock and window will not work on the same door? I am now receivng system lock failure message and have discovered that the window on the same door isn't working. Has to be related right?? It doesn't work using the drivers buttons or using the buttons on the door thats having problems.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had this too. Twice. Removing one of the big fuses in the fusebox/relay box by the brake cylinder and putting them back fixed it.
Or disconnect the battery and then reconnect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LinearSLT said:
I had this too. Twice. Removing one of the big fuses in the fusebox/relay box by the brake cylinder and putting them back fixed it.
Or disconnect the battery and then reconnect.
Thanks! I wil try this. Do I need to have the car running at the time I disconnect and reconnect the battery? (sorry for the dumb question... I'm a single woman.. not blond though!!) So I think I can probably disconnect the battery! I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
No the car shouldn't be running when you do this. Afterwards you'll have to reset the clock and date, but everything else stays in memory. Also the battery has a quick discconect button that you can push I think. No need for a wrench to undo the terminal posts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LinearSLT said:
No the car shouldn't be running when you do this. Afterwards you'll have to reset the clock and date, but everything else stays in memory. Also the battery has a quick discconect button that you can push I think. No need for a wrench to undo the terminal posts.
Ok... here's what I tried. Nothing worked. Pulled the fuse in the engine bay that disconnected the battery. That didn't work. Opened up the battery covering and pushed some little yellow button. Not sure what that was, but that didn't work either. Last resort, opened the truck, pulled the fuse for the right rear door module and that didn't work either. Anymore suggestions from anyone? Otherwise looks like it will be another trip back to the dealership. I swear they can see me coming a mile away!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LinearSLT said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Well, I got depressed after none of these fixes worked, so I went shopping! Lo and behold, once I drove the car around for a while, the lock and the window are now working! Not sure which one of your ideas fixed it, but YOU ARE AMAZING!! Many thanks!:p

·
Registered
331 Posts
You are welcome. I've had more than a few of these little glitches with the car; unlocking, windows, side mirrors. I swear this car should come with a reboot button ! I also had a "no onstar" error for the longest time. Disconnecting the battery, reconnecting and a short drive fixed that. Geez.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I had his problem today. Sure enough, disconnected the battery for a few seconds, reconnected it and all is well :D. First gremlin I have had in almost 2 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts