SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have problem with the drivers side door lock actuator on my 9-5
The remote operates all the other door locks ok, but the drivers door just appears dead and I have to use the key. I've checked fuses, all seems to be ok so I guess the motor is gone and needs replacing.
Does anyone have any experience of replacing this ? The Haynes manual doesn't detail the actuator specifically, it mentions removing the door lock (guess the actuator is integral) and also says the window needs to be removed which seems a bit work. Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info - I'm going to remove the door look and have a look at the actuator, I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replaced door lock actuator

I finally got round to doing this. The steps in the Haynes manual are more or less what you need to do, though the pcitures don't help much. I've attached some picks I took when doing the the job, perhaps it might help someone.

The final step of taking the lock module out requires a bit of of rotation and jiggling after removing the connector rods.

Once removed, it seemed to be a 'sealed' unit i.e no way of really taking it apart to try and fix the problem. The new unit went in just fine, and door trim and door 'gasket' went back much easier than I have normally experienced on other cars. Job done...

Attachments

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Thanks Barrel, this kind of post really helps others, as you say pics can really make life easier :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts