SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out tonight and locked my car and turned on the anti theft alarm system. When i came back the door key would not open the door. It did however open the trunk. I then climbed in the trunk and into the car. When I stuck the key in the ignition the alarm went on. I was not able to open any of the doors from the inside or turn on the car because the alarm was going off. Other than taking the car to the dealership what can i do? Ho do i turn off the anti theft system off whithout using the key in the lock from the outside?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My key only has a light on it...so no. An additional piece of information. I used a key i dont normally use. I think i used the valet key. I am going back to the car tomorrow morning to try my 'normal' key.

·
Registered
7 Posts
tirebouchon said:
I went out tonight and locked my car and turned on the anti theft alarm system. When i came back the door key would not open the door. It did however open the trunk. I then climbed in the trunk and into the car. When I stuck the key in the ignition the alarm went on. I was not able to open any of the doors from the inside or turn on the car because the alarm was going off. Other than taking the car to the dealership what can i do? Ho do i turn off the anti theft system off whithout using the key in the lock from the outside?
I had the same thing happen. I don't have a remote entry though. It opened the trunk also. No alarm went off(It has one, because it went off one time and i have know idea what set it off. before that I was told it did not..95 900se...) Anyway, unfortunately i can't offer much help on it. I just put that key away and haven't tried to use it again. Since I bought it used I thought they may have given me a wrong key, but then why would it open the trunk???? curious to hear the replys about this and if anyone else has experienced it. by the way, how did you get the alarm to turn off or is it sitting somewhere with the alarm sounding? If it is, hopefully its in a remote area or the neighbors will be really pissed off by now......... :)

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
If this is the factory alarm, then something's screwy. A 1995 900 can't have its alarm disabled with the key. It has to be turned off with the remote. Only the 9-3 will let you disable the alarm by unlocking the door with a key.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Jeremy R. said:
If this is the factory alarm, then something's screwy. A 1995 900 can't have its alarm disabled with the key. It has to be turned off with the remote. Only the 9-3 will let you disable the alarm by unlocking the door with a key.
And the '98 NG900.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And let me reiterate i can get into the car from the trunk so if you know anyway to disengage the alarm from the inside....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jeremy R. said:
I am still curious about something. I was told, by my local dealer,the 95(which is again what I have)did not come with the remote entry, wasn't available til 96. Anyone know for sure?

And you didn't say, is the alarm still going off????

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
ragtopsaab said:
The alarm should have stopped about 5 minutes after it initially started going off, I think only the lights will remain blinking (I'm not even sure if that a continuous blink or if it does that every 5 minutes or whatever).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are correct the alarm did go off but it sill has disengaged the started. Well tomorrow i am going to have it towed to a saab dealer and find out what is going on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Slaab4life said:
The alarm should have stopped about 5 minutes after it initially started going off, I think only the lights will remain blinking (I'm not even sure if that a continuous blink or if it does that every 5 minutes or whatever).
That's a good thing.... LOL I kept thinking the car is sitting with the alarm going off, but then maybe the battery would(hopefully for any neighbors, die..... LOL) Seriously, my alarm has only ever gone off once, and like I said I have no idea why. I locked it with the key, walked away and what seemed like a delayed reaction, it went off. I opened and relocked and it stopped. still hoping some one has ideas about the key issue. I am going to get my other out tomorrow and play around and see what happens this time.....

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
ragtopsaab said:
I am still curious about something. I was told, by my local dealer,the 95(which is again what I have)did not come with the remote entry, wasn't available til 96. Anyone know for sure?

94 and 95 still have an alarm, but it is not keyless. You can dead lock the car by turning the key 90 degrees and removing it. This engages a mechanism in each of the doors that will not allow the doors to be opened. If the battery dies and the car is dead locked, only the drivers door can be opened, even from inside they will not be able to be opened. (power is required to disengage this dead locking mechanism) The trunk can still be opened with the key. There is also a pin switch on the hood that will set off the alarm should someboy pry that open.

My guess is that somehow the drivers door lock has become jamed, and the rest of the doors are working the way they should, they are just dead locked.

Good luck! Return and report what happened!
Tboy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So the took apart the inside door panel to get the lock out. Basically the lock was jammed. It needs about $50 in springs and other small parts...

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
ragtopsaab said:
before that I was told it did not..95 900se...)
For the record the KeyFob/Remote thingy started in the middle of the 95 model year. I'd guess 80% of the 95's have it. Yours may.
No idea how to confirm....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts