SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some up/down play in my drivers side door. I get a fair bit of rattle and squeak when on rough roads. In other vehicles changing the door pins/bushings seemed to be the solution, but I was unable to find the kit for sale at the usual suspects (rockauto, amazon etc). Does anyone have any info on this?
Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to update and for closure (pun). I had a closer look and it doesn't look like this car has replaceable pins/bushings. I ended up loosening the door via the 6 bolts and realigning, which didn't really help. But during this I noticed an issue. The latch mechanism on the door seems to have a fair bit of play/movement. It is held on to the door by a few torx screws but appears to be accessed though the door inside by removing the door panel. I lubricated the area with some grease which has dramatically helped the squeaking.
Maybe next time I'm repairing the window motor I will take a peak

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The latch mechanism on the door seems to have a fair bit of play/movement. It is held on to the door by a few torx screws but appears to be accessed though the door inside by removing the door panel.
Don't go there. It's a nightmare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts