SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest me how to fix / replace these black stickers on the door edge that are pealing off?
Can I buy new stickers on eeuparts.com (or similar web store)?

Thx.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
That's the door trim. Do a search under that term. I replaced mine. Got it from eeuro I think. Not expensive and not difficult to replace. Yes, it is just paint underneath, but trust me, it looks better with the black.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bkrell said:
That's the door trim. Do a search under that term. I replaced mine. Got it from eeuro I think. Not expensive and not difficult to replace. Yes, it is just paint underneath, but trust me, it looks better with the black.
Unfortunatelly I couldn't find it under that term. If anyone finds it, please post the part number.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
just another 'me too' post, but my drivers side door is starting to do the same thing.

Think heat, think cold, think sun, think 'plastic' and there is our 'reason'.

peace,
bny

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Well, you CAN fix it. Helpful hint from someone who now knows better: Make sure to scrape every bit of glue off the metal!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've removed the vinyl off my doors and I think it looks alot better now with paint. The key is to use a hairdryer to heat up the vinyl then you can peel it off. Then clean off the rest of the glue with goof off (or any adhesive remover). If anyone has any other questions feel free to send me a PM.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
TurboSwede53 said:
I've removed the vinyl off my doors and I think it looks alot better now with paint. The key is to use a hairdryer to heat up the vinyl then you can peel it off. Then clean off the rest of the glue with goof off (or any adhesive remover). If anyone has any other questions feel free to send me a PM.
please could you put in a pic of a higher quality? I have the same problem and maybe it would look nice without them.

THANKS!

·
Registered
164 Posts
i did the two front doors the other day and it was pretty hard to get alll the black **** off .. if you looked close enough you cna see where i goes underneathe the rubber

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
encore said:
i did the two front doors the other day and it was pretty hard to get alll the black **** off .. if you looked close enough you cna see where i goes underneathe the rubber
Post a picture - we'd like to see how it looks now!

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Did you use a solvent of some sort? Should have made it easier. I didn't and it took at least 30 minutes or so of gently sliding a screw driver along it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My order with both side's trim tapes just arrived. Getting the sticker off wasn't bad, however removing all of the nasty glue was no fun. I finally got down to the glossy paint, then placed the new part on. Everything was fine after that, but there are one or two tiny air bubbles that I hope will smooth themselves with some time. It sure looks a lot better though!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
i tried to take one off the other day, and it wasnt workin out for me.... just wouldnt budge from the edge, mine look horrible, so ill get some new eventually, i want to see how it looks without them on a silver car, bkrell you didnt like it right?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts