SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is at the dealer. They can't find the source of a popping/creaking but that's another story.

They tell me, that they just got an email from their parts manager who said they can no longer get any parts from Saab because they are in court recievership.

I thought Saab Parts AB was a separate entity that was doing just fine?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
The dealer, would've be the last place I take my car; if it's the rear (noise) probably shock mounts. What part are they trying to get? and what did they say the problem is?

·
Registered
26 Posts
This letter was posted on another Saab site. SCNA is out of the parts business, which has been handed over to SPNA. This should be a temporary availability interruption; as soon as the transfer has been made, parts should start flowing again.

Title: SCNA Parts Update 5/29/12
Date: 05/29/2012
To: Saab Dealers

This letter is to update you on the status of the parts business at SCNA. While there are still some agreements and approvals to be finalized, it is anticipated that SCNA will sell the remaining parts inventory effective June 1, 2012. As such SCNA will no longer continue its parts business after this month.

In anticipation of the sale, SCNA has already suspended stock orders and parts returns. In order to ship all remaining orders prior to the sale of the inventory, the deadline for any part order is Noon Eastern Time tomorrow (Wednesday May 30, 2012).

The buyer of the parts is Saab Parts North America (SPNA), a subsidiary of Saab Automobile Parts AB. Assuming the remaining agreements are finalized as expected, the transaction will be approved by the bankruptcy court later this week. In addition to buying the parts, SPNA is finalizing an agreement with Caterpillar Logistics Services (CLS) to support the future parts business. Expect a communication from SPNA this week regarding future distribution of Saab parts in North America. They anticipate a quick restart to the parts business after closing on the inventory.

Many of you have balances remaining in the SCNA escrow account to fund parts purchases. Any cash amounts in the account that have not been used to purchase parts will be refunded to you in full, paid by check to be mailed on or about June 8, 2012.

We wanted to give some advance notice, however as stated above, there are agreements and approvals that still need to take place. Should there be issues with the aforementioned agreements and approvals, the above is subject to change. SCNA will then evaluate the situation, and any necessary adjustments, and provide an update as appropriate.

Timothy M. Colbeck
President and COO
Saab Cars North America, Inc.
4327 Delemere Court
Royal Oak, MI 48073
609-760-4510
tim.colbeck at saabusa.com

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah ok, that all makes sense.

all, I will post what the dealer said about my car in my popping thread...its a crazy ****ty deal....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts