SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Arc convertible 93 had a small engine fire which I believe was started from debris being caught in the undercarriage and the temperature of the engine started a small fire I was able to put the fire out fairly quickly before the police ,fire department arrived.. the car was sitting for a couple of weeks I told it to the mechanic shop yesterday put a fresh charge on the battery car would not crank or turned over sid message, is immobilizer error!? I can't even attempt to replace the wiring in the other rubber parts that will burn due to the fire because of the immobilizer message any advice or two cents is greatly appreciated and needed!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is tough luck! I know what I would do in your place, but then my '04 93 Arc convertible is not my daily driver, and I've long passed the point where I've spent more on it than it's worth. I would take this as an opportunity to learn - pull the engine, do a thorough inspection, and replace all burned components. While it was out, I would probably also check/change the plastic chain guides, pull the oil pan for a good sludge check, and replace any leaky gaskets. Put the whole thing back together and trailer it to someone who really knows what they're doing with Saabs to get it going again. It won't be cheap or quick, but you'll have your baby back better than before. Just my two cents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts