SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here, just installed BSR upgrade, but there is honestly not noticible difference. Is this how extra 64 horses suppose to feel?
any comments?

I put new sparkplugs,
new cone filter too,
new syntec oil

i wanna cry :cry:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
*scratches head*

Well that's odd, your car should feel like an Aero now. I've driven a base model as well as my aero and there is a big difference. Maybe you should try reflashing the upgrade or something like that. :confused:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Pokerplayer, Welcome!

I have had a BSR stage 1 on my car, 2.0t Wagon. Noticed a big differnce striaght away.

You seem to have done all the right things as well.;)

So what should you get? 1st gear, maybe nothing, little bit extra in 2nd, but you should really feel the big differnce in 3th and 4th. 5th feels a little flat to me...

What sort of weather are you having?, very hot weather can effect a car, In England it has been a bit warm (well to us, 80f), and i can feel a little that the car is slower.

Can you get a freind to do some times with your upgrade,40-60 in 3th for example and then go back to stock and do the same.;)

If it is the same contact your reseller or BSR direct, and get them to check that you have the right software.

Other then that yes er "scratches head" like raven18940.:confused: :confused:

But you should feel the differnce.

Hope this helps

Puli

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey pokerplayer, Something definitely amiss if you dont feel a great deal of improvement. As said before 1st and 2nd gear not much difference but 3rd and 4th should be very good. Even on your base 9 5 I would have thought 1st gear would have given a fair improvement as mentioned to old Aero spec. Ive put stage 1 on my 2000 aero and the first thing you notice is how responsive the car is in all gears.Just a tap on the throttle and it wants to go in a flash. Did your download go allright .Mine took about 25 mins and it was very straight forward.Best of luck David

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJ53 said:
Just a tap on the throttle and it wants to go in a flash. Did your download go allright .Mine took about 25 mins and it was very straight forward.Best of luck David
Download was flawless. Maybe I had very high expectations after paying $800. Only difference noticable was the whoooooosh sound from the K&N cone filter. I'll be honest; car goes better, but not as good as after +64HP to me.
Hey! maybe there is something wrong with me.

thank you for your input

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Are you running Premium fuel? (Min 92 octane)

Also those new plugs you put in, were they NGK BCPR7ES-11 Gapped 1.1-1.0mm?

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been using 93 octane since I bought the car (6 months ago).
I ordered the sparkplugs(NGK BCPR7ES-11)with local european car mechanic (my aunt runs the shop).

They checked the gap in the shop, looked at some kinda chart, and said plugs were dead on.

I am not a mechanic, so, I don't know about milimetres and stuff.

Also I let them drive the car, the owner of the shop said he felt a noticable difference on the performance. I guess, I did have very high expectations. Maybe I will feel the difference on highway or something.

he also said my car feels very solid on the road. That comment made me feel :cheesy:

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
timmehhhhhh said:
What was your previous car, a 1300 hp supra? :lol:
I drove a 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4x4.
straight 6, 190hp before my Saab.

Supra? I don't do Japanese. American cuz I live in the US, European cuz they make better cars

G

·
PP, there is a number of reasons why your car may not be producing the expected power.. Maybe the wastegate is not holding boost. maybe leaky vacuum hoses, bad Maf sensor, dirty throttle body etc etc :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I know of one performance issue that was completely resolved with a new DI too ;)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
After the simple stuff you really need a tech2 to figure out what T7 is trying to do. Then we can work on fixing it.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am happy!

like I mentioned before, I did have SUPER high expectations. By reading other forums, humidity, heat playes a role too. Where I live, it's 100 degrees her, and extreme humid(Jax, FLORIDA)

Car is hauling *****, no argument there.

Thank you for all your concerns, and willing to help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts