SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone transport their dog in the truck space of the 9-2X.
is it big enough? i have a weimaraner (70 lbs dog) and am worried that he won't fit well in the back. i'd like to take the dog issue into condsideration before purchasing.

thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
zzztimbo said:
does anyone transport their dog in the truck space of the 9-2X.
is it big enough? i have a weimaraner (70 lbs dog) and am worried that he won't fit well in the back. i'd like to take the dog issue into condsideration before purchasing.

thanks!
I have 2 Dalmations 50-60lbs each.,..... They both ride hapily with the back seats folded down.... DOnt think theres enough room to have em both inthere with the seats up though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My dog is medium sized and the rear area with the seats up is fine for short trips, but for anything over a few minutes I put the seats down. It wouldn't be so bad if the rear window wasn't so steeply raked. If it was more vertical it'd be much better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
separator thingie

does anyone use a barrier of some sort that keeps the dog from jumping into the either the front or the back seat (depending on whether he is in the back seat or the trunk area). i've seen them in other station wagons and SUVs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a separater that I bought at PetSmart last year that I use to keep the dog behind the seats. Black fur-white seats, not happening. It works pretty well for the most part, but the ceiling above where it mounts is pretty steeply raked, so you have to fiddle with it to get a good "seat" as it were.

My dog is only about 25 lbs, but she is 25 inches tall, so she is all legs. She rides comfortably with the seats up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got 2 dogs. My American Eskimo weighs in around 45lbs I'd have to say. Haven't weighed him in awhile. He is probably 2 1/2- 3 1/2 feet tall. He can ride in the back for about 15-20 minutes no problem. I wouldn't leave him back there for any longer than that. My other dog is a Puggle. She weighs MAYBE 20lbs and is not even any more than a foot or so tall. She loves it back there. She'll just chillax with her paws on the backseat and can ride forever. It is definitely not terribly cramped back there, unless you have a ginormous dog.
Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts