SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
The product reviews show a great response from buyers. Suggested open air intake upgrade along with this part, must be nice ;)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
volk said:
Just recalled one saying - Do not mess with a machine and it will never let you down!!
Aha well young sir...my car has 171,000 Miles on it now wouldnt you say that it's time to have it changed?

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
Aha well young sir...my car has 171,000 Miles on it now wouldnt you say that it's time to have it changed?
No.

There's no reason to change it unless you start to hear it go bad...and you will. That's when you'll know why it's sometimes called a "hooter valve"

A bad BPV makes a noise like a duck being strangled....

If you were putting out more boost with an aftermarket turbo, then maybe...but I know guys who have used the Viggen/Aero BPV up to 300 hp.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
I was reading up on this and a lot of people said that it a good upgrade to get. has anyone here installed this. does it really help?

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=463{1}150
If you have an open air intake it makes the boost dump sound much more crisp; it looks nice under the hood, is more reliable as has been said and is serviceable. I honestly haven't noticed and detectable performance gain though. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
j006 said:
If you have an open air intake it makes the boost dump sound much more crisp; it looks nice under the hood, is more reliable as has been said and is serviceable. I honestly haven't noticed and detectable performance gain though. Cheers.
th

Im not really looking for it in terms of performance gain..I read all of the reviews and I was just thinking that my car is a 2000 and it's has a lot of miles on it.. that it would be time to change it but if it's not necessary at the moment then I'll spend that 150 on someone thats more importantt. Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
th

Im not really looking for it in terms of performance gain..I read all of the reviews and I was just thinking that my car is a 2000 and it's has a lot of miles on it.. that it would be time to change it but if it's not necessary at the moment then I'll spend that 150 on someone thats more importantt. Thanks guys
Like a TD-04! :cool:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup like that.. Ooooh yeah my HID kits arrive today,its going to run me about 75 for install yeah baby yeah.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
Yup like that.. Ooooh yeah my HID kits arrive today,its going to run me about 75 for install yeah baby yeah.
Do it yourself! It's quite easy actually.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah right im not that car savy..besides it has to get properly aligned and i cant do that.. I dont want to get pulled over if they are flshing straight into someones face lol.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
yeah right im not that car savy..besides it has to get properly aligned and i cant do that.. I dont want to get pulled over if they are flshing straight into someones face lol.
Well you don't have to be that car savvy, if you know how to change a bulb, ultimately you can install an HID kit! ;) Also, unless you turn the screws on the headlight casing, your really not going to be able to knock the headlights out of alignment. But if you don't feel comfortable doing it, 75 isn't too bad of a price.

P.S. I don't think our cars are visible to cops... Every time I'm speeding with a buddy and a cop guns us, I never get pulled over! It's bizarre... I've stopped being so careless since the 3rd time as I feel I may be running out of luck... :roll:

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
SectorNine50 said:
P.S. I don't think our cars are visible to cops... Every time I'm speeding with a buddy and a cop guns us, I never get pulled over! It's bizarre... I've stopped being so careless since the 3rd time as I feel I may be running out of luck... :roll:
It's not just cops... NOBODY notices our cars. It's great! I don't have to freak out about it when I park, I don't have people bugging me about my MODZZ, and I don't get people revving their cars at intersections.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
stipud said:
It's not just cops... NOBODY notices our cars. It's great! I don't have to freak out about it when I park, I don't have people bugging me about my MODZZ, and I don't get people revving their cars at intersections.
Soooo trueeee! :p

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol..I've never noticed i' ve definately gotten pulled over though by state police..So i dont think I will test that theory.:cheesy:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Everyone in this thread that mentioned never being noticed by police have just set themselves up to be pulled over this weekend. :cheesy:

... but add me to that list because it's true, the police never look twice at me in my 9-5.

I did have a random guy yell "Nice SAAB!" across a parking lot one night, but it turned out that he was driving a SAAB too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts