SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether or not our cars have a belt tensioner pulley? I on occasion tend to hear a slight low-pitch whistling sound, I don't believe that it is my turbo? I was thinking that it may be my alternator bearings, because everytime I try to roll my windows up or down, it seems as though a lot of demand (quick surge or drain)for power is placed on the alternator just for this simple task. Given the locality of the alternator, it looks to be a pita to replace?
What say you?

Best Regards

1991 900 turbo 16valve 2.0 litre engine overall condition excellent:) 174,000 plus original miles.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
search the tech forum for alternator replacement hints - you'll have a belt tensioner for the alternator/waterpump belts - it moves the alternator (look for a threaded rod with a nut that attaches to the left side of the alternator) - there's also one for the power steering (down low on the right side of the engine) and one for the AC (but for the life of me I can't recall where that beauty lived) - I seem to recall it's being on the RH side of the engine as well) -

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SteveTheFolkie said:
search the tech forum for alternator replacement hints - you'll have a belt tensioner for the alternator/waterpump belts - it moves the alternator (look for a threaded rod with a nut that attaches to the left side of the alternator) - there's also one for the power steering (down low on the right side of the engine) and one for the AC (but for the life of me I can't recall where that beauty lived) - I seem to recall it's being on the RH side of the engine as well) -
Thanks! I think I remeber seeing something like this on the driver's side. Volvos have the same type of setup. Thanks again:) !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts