SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunk dash panel, the fuel gauge is not working right. I had the pump as well as the other part of the pump replaced, but to no avail.
I spotted a few full instrument gauge panels on ebay, cheap, and the only problem was that they were for a N/A 900, not the turbo, so they lacked the APC gauge.
I was planning on hooking up a boost gauge anyway, so this would be great assuming it works.
Also, does it matter if they are from an automatic vs. a stick? Does an auto's panel still have a shift now light?

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
If this is for a Classic 900 (1979-1993/4) then yes, the dash is the same. However, since you don't specify, judging by your profile I'll move this to the GM900 Workshop.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Rojo : I have a bunk dash panel, the fuel gauge is not working right. I had the pump as well as the other part of the pump replaced, but to no avail.

What is a "bunk panel" ??

Aaahhh, these things used to be so easy to fix...
The inoperative fuel gauge is usually due to a transmitter, but, then, this has been diagnosed ?? Right ??
Swapping a dash panel part is no walk in the park anymore...I think the fuel gauge can be swapped over, but I do not know about the boost guage...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant the panel has gone down the tubes, died, expired, lived the full span of its natural existence on this spiritual plane. It has gone bunk.

Okay, so if there is a dash for a 94-98 available for a car with no turbo, will it function properly on my car with a turbo. Obviously, the boost gauge won't be there, but I was going to add one somewhere else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to bump this again?!?! Sheesh!

There is a dash available for a Saab 900, 2.3, no turbo... It's on ebay...
If I buy it, will it hook up to my 2.0 turbo?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts