SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 93SE Conv. I wanted to put a Double Din radio in and remove the factory radio. Sites like crutchfield.com say that my car is din and 3/4. Is this true? Also is it easy to keep the remote controls on the wheel to use with an aftermarket radio? or is it just some brands.

Thanks,

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Trust Crutchfield. Somebody may have figured out a way, but I think most folks lose the steering controls.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I can't miss to answer this - NO, it's not double-DIN. 2-DIN is 178*100mm while we have 178*96mm, so it's not even 1+3/4 but a bit more, enough to make installation a PITA! :evil:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why would saab do this????

ok, so I want to now install a single Din unit, what would I need to do, to get it to work with the steering controls?

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Texas93 said:
why would saab do this????

ok, so I want to now install a single Din unit, what would I need to do, to get it to work with the steering controls?
Start with a Blaupunkt headunit [why not they're Ipod read too] and you'll need this adaptor and this gap filler

·
Registered
591 Posts
If you feel like spending a bit more, you can go for Becker Indianapolis or few other models, they also support iPod plus they are NAV units. About the steering wheel controls, it's possible that Becker and Blaupunkt are compatibile... but I'm not 100% sure on this!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts