SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up with the gap between the door and drivers seat? Its gotta be atleast a foot away and makes it almost impossible to get my left arm into a comfortable position. I know theres a side airbag there but is there some sort of armrest i could put there? A factory opton maybe? It really is annoying and the only thing i find uncomfortable about the car, i almost fall out of my seat during spirited driving.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Thats the price you pay for an executive barge i'm afraid. Try the leather seats with an uprated suspension, thats even more fun. I believe the later Aero models have more sculptered seats to keep you in place better.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I lean on the center arm rest and steer with my left hand so I never really noticed. The ergonomics are really well done though because the top of the shifter is perfectly level with the center arm rest. The center armrest is also great because it has padding on the side and not just the top. When I am yanking around left turns I can keep my body upright by bracing my elbow on the soft padding of the center console arm rest. Even with the newer Aero seats, there is not enough lateral support to keep me planted around sharp corners...of course I like to believe a lot of this is just because my car corners so well. :cool: Did you get a stick or auto?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stick, im very comfortable with the rest of the car and think it has one of the best interiors ever. Im actually thinking of buying a new Saab just cause im so happy with this one. Maybe some new sport seats will do the trick.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Sport seats would be cool. The Aero seats are actually super nice and comfortable with decent lateral support if you can find a pair for a decent price. As cheap as you got yours for, I would just spend some coin on it instead of buying a new one and you can make it a serious 9-5 and one of the better one's in the US. If you have the graphite interior, you can get carbon dash panels for pretty cheap now too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im gonna take my old recaros from my Evo and build some brackets for them. Im lucky because of some spare parts left over from my build of the Evo. Im gonna use my old injectors somehow and i gotta try to shorhorn in my old turbo and intercooler.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I wonder what the ECU will think of the missing seat airbags then?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im sure itll throw the light. I wonder which ill find more annoying the space or the light. Either way im screwed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
love2burn420 said:
Whats up with the gap between the door and drivers seat? Its gotta be atleast a foot away and makes it almost impossible to get my left arm into a comfortable position. I know theres a side airbag there but is there some sort of armrest i could put there? A factory opton maybe? It really is annoying and the only thing i find uncomfortable about the car, i almost fall out of my seat during spirited driving.
Probably depends how long your arms are :lol: ... but yes, there is still a small gap. I use the center console but I think the design is crap in my 04 model. I've got the sports seat (I think) but it isn't really that sporty.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I rely on the seat belt to keep me in place. I used the grab the shifter around quick rights in my jeep, but I'm fairly certain I'd break it right off in this car. I also brace my legs against either the door or the center console, another trick I picks up from the jeep. :cheesy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts