SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was planning on buying the 92-x in either january or febuary, but custom ordering it earlier so it's exactly what i want. no big deal right. well by that time i figured i would be buying the 2006 which makes sense due to time lines of release. however subaru is changing the WRX for 2006. my friend is a mechanic at subaru and they just got this information in due to some change overs in diagnostic equipment. the 2006 WRX will be avaliable with the 2.5 turbo from the forrester XT which is 250 hp and a wack load of torque. along with a front end remodel. however the saab front end is way better as it is. just wondering if anybody has heard if saab will be using this same 2.5 motor, or if i'm going to break down and have to buy the subaru like my brother is. looks are one thing, but i cannot be out done by this much.

thank you for your time.

--JT

·
Registered
38 Posts
No factory incentives yet for 06 models

Man, I don't care what the changes would be, with $7000 in factory incentives, and paying $500 over factory invoice, why wait? This car has a proven engine,drivetrain, suspension (tweaked nicely by Saab I might add) and AWD system. Much nicer to look at too, that the Subaru version. I also got an extra $1000 incentive off from a special promotion piece that was mailed directly to me by GM.
vitch

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have to wait till i'm done university at christmas :S other wise i would jump all over this stuff. also me and my brother are buying cars at the same time him a Wrx and me the saab...or so was the plan. no money now. lots of money in january. with the job i have lined up

--JT

·
Registered
16 Posts
You might be able to find a left over 05 if you're looking for an automatic. The 05 Aero 5 speeds are going like hotcakes right now. The word in other forums is that its getting QUITE hard to find one. Word has definitely gotten out about the large amounts of cash available...

·
Registered
30 Posts
vitch said:
Man, I don't care what the changes would be, with $7000 in factory incentives, and paying $500 over factory invoice, why wait? This car has a proven engine,drivetrain, suspension (tweaked nicely by Saab I might add) and AWD system. Much nicer to look at too, that the Subaru version. I also got an extra $1000 incentive off from a special promotion piece that was mailed directly to me by GM.
vitch
I was thinking the same thing. My original plans called for a purchase of a 2006 WRX wagon with the 2.5 liter. However, with the $7000, it didn't even matter...I just hopped right into the Saab a few months early.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts