SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in NW Florida and it is rarely dry enough out to cause static electricity shocks, but I picked up a 2nd 9-5, for daily use, that has ventilated seats, and I get shocked just about every time I get out of my car. Today humidity is around 75% (pretty low for this time of year) and it's raining off and on, and I'm still getting shocked when I close the door. The vented seats are the only difference from my other 9-5 and the Jetta I just got rid of. I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Not, not mine. I don’t think my car has ever shocked me. I had a chevy 1/2 ton that did it all the time though and it did not have heated/vented seats but did have a cloth interior.

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
I think I routinely get shocks in dry winter weather (we're talking below freezing, sometimes well below freezing). But in summer, no. And yes, they are ventilated seats.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nope, ventilated leather seats, had them in both humid and dry conditions. Not a single shocking experience so far...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Never had a problem with static electricity in NE Florida or in New England during November either.

My vented seats are regularly sprayed with Lexol and treated with mink oil.... That could help I suppose.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Maybe one of those bonding straps that hangs underneath the vehicle would help (just spitballing here) but it’s strange that no one else has noticed this...

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Change trousers and shoes. You generate static electricity and shoes/trousers do not allow it to discharge in a controlled manner.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
No static issues in the warm weather here either. Winter yes since the jacket, pants, boots etc all generate static electricity. But I haven't been shocked at all once the temperature warms up.
'05 Aero with Vented seats here in Ontario Canada.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts