SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 NG900 with a broken sway bar link. The suspension setup on this car is the early version. In other words the sway bar is connected to the stanchion arms as opposed to the control arms as found on later models. They sway bars links are a pain in the *** to remove on this suspension setup. Instead I was thinking of replacing the entire sway bar. After all eEuroparts offers a replacement sway bar with end links for $80. Each sway bar link goes for $25. So for $30 extra I replace my sway bar and save my time to replace to links. Sounds tempting.

Now here is the problem ... the first step to removing the front anti-roll bar according to WIS is to "lift out the engine". Is this true? I know the bolts for the sway bar brackets are hidden but do I really have to "lift out the engine"? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
If You Support The Engine From The Top You Can Then Remove The Subframe To Gain Access To The Antiroll Bar Fixings

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't think dropping the subframe will save you much time compared to wrestling one link off the bar ;]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts