SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have done it, I just purchased a 2009 M3 Convert and I am thinking what to do with my 1999 9-3 convert. Just purchased 225 BF KDW2 from Costco on my 17" summer rims which have less than 100km's and have put almost 3G's in repairs this year alone. Do I keep her, or sell her. I have a Saab Catalog body kit, and the rear spoiler still in the packaging I was planning on installing.:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
imo i would keep it. is the bmw v8? if so you wont regret it with gas prices hitting 5$ a gallon in the summer. none the less its nice to have 2 cars to pick from to drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,464 Posts
Well, a few things to consider - you'll never get resale value out of your recent repairs, so +1 for keeping the 9-3. Since they're both 'verts, as much as I love Saabs, I'd never see myself picking a 9-3 over a M3 for a cruise. -1 for keeping it. I see you're in Toronto - are you going to drive either in the winter? +1 for the Saab. If it were a hatchback it would be a no brainer to keep for utility...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
i bet youd get more resale than a new car imo. if saab vert is in good condition it could sell for 4k+ to right buyer. i would ask youself the question if you should keep it or not. its your decision. if it was mine i wouldnt of bought that bmw. new cars devalue faster than old cars. and its hard to find parts for new cars. but i hope the new car treats you as it should
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do I Stay Or Do I Go...

Good points from all, perhaps I will (do) a winter in the M3 and see how scary it is then decide whether to keep the 9-3. As winters in Toronto are not the fun, better than Buffalo, but not fun at all.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top