SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone give advice please, i have a Viggen and wish to get a stage 1 ECU upgrade with open sid features, but looking at youtube videos demonstrating the open sid, it appears that sid2 is required? Would a replacement sid2 just plug and play, would it need to be set up with tech2, or would it not work at all on my car, as it only has the basic sid unit? sorry if this sounds ignorant, but i'm not an ECU expert!
Any help appreciated
thanks
Paul

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
The Sid's for the 9-3 are interchangeable. I had a failing SID 2 and bought a perfectly working SID1 and it was plug and play. I never had a readable screen with the SID2, but I'm pretty sure it had more features? Maybe someone can clarify as I never messed with the SID 2 as I couldn't read anything on it. I'm not sure if the 9-5's are identical or not?

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
If you have a convertible and replace the SID, the SID should come from another convertible or it needs to be configured with a Tech-2 to maintain the convertible messages displayed on it. Several people have had BBA repair their SIDs and ended up loosing the convertible messages... Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts