SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 06 9-3 2.0T sportcombi. Runs and drives great but the ac stops blowing cold after ten minutes of driving, and a few times now took a long time to start. Codes are
U2103
P0687
P0245
P0201
P0202
P0204
P0300
P0444

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-3 Aero FWD 6MT
144 Posts
A more in depth background would be helpful:
Your codes are:
U2103: Poor Cabin Heating
P0687: Main Relay Problem/Short
P0245: Charge Air Control Valve Fault
P0201: Injector 1 Output Activation Fault
P0202: Injector 2 Output Activation Fault
P0203: Injector 3 Output Activation Fault
P0204: Injector 4 Output Activation Fault
P0300: Random Misfire Detected
P0444: Evap Purge Valve Short

Without more information on your vehicle along with the problems you are having, this is what we can provide. Initially, it looks like a break in the electrical connector for the ECU, but there are other things we would need to know to get a better idea. Error messages, performance issues, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only error message is occasionally low oil level on the SID even though it’s full. Car runs very well besides a few times took a long time to start but when started ran well. The ac is ice cold then about ten minutes of driving and it stops blowing cold. Had no check engine light then all these issues suddenly happened at once. Light turned on the same exact time ac turned off

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-3 Aero FWD 6MT
144 Posts
The problem definitely sounds electrical. I'd like to split this into two assumptions. Both of these will depend on how confident you are doing your own diagnostics, we can only point you in the logical direction, we can't test things for you.

1.) The A/C has nothing to do with the other codes being tripped. In this assumption, a scan tool that can read from the ECU and data-stream sensor readings would be helpful. Being able to see misfire counts, O2 voltages, timing, etc. is crucial. A Tech2 coupled with WIS would be the best. Any good Euro shop should have both, or maybe a remaining Saab dealer near you. Regardless, a diagnostic is necessary. With this assumption, we will set aside electrical issues and treat it like there is a malfunctioning part/sensor.

2.) The A/C is a symptom of the issue. I feel like this issue is the most probable based on the main relay code. Grab a copy of the WIS, read up on your electrical, and track down your common grounds. A multi-meter will be your best friend, start at the engine and battery grounds, then use WIS diagnostic for the main relay code and let it guide you. You are basically looking for corrosion, loose connections, or broken wires/shorts. Someone might reply with something better or more specific to your issue, but this is the best I can do, hope it helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts