SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When connected, sometimes the turbo overboosts which leads to fuel cutout and general swearing from me. It doesnt happen every time, if im gentle with the throttle and feed the boost in gradually its generally ok but if i stamp it then it will buck and generally misbehave. i disconnected the solenoid wires, left the pipes connected and at first i got pretty much full boost without it cutting out. i was expecting base boost so thought maybe something in there had got stuck but performance was good so might have been ok to leave it like that. that led me to believe the actuator is ok, because the car was behaving fine.

Decided to take off and clean APC with a spray of wd40 anyway to see if it helped to get 100% out of it, rather than leave it on but with no electric supply. Afterwards i connected the electrics and tubing to it and it was still overboosting sometimes so i disconnected the wiring again, this time the turbo only went to base boost as it should've done the first time. So..is it possible for the apc to have an intermittent fault then and only allow overboost sometimes, or when they break are they gone completely and my problem is something else?

i'm now running around with the apc connected, just being a bit gentle with the throttle, but i would rather get it fixed so should i just order new APC?
From my browsing on forums that seems to be the problem, but i could do with some advice also if that is my prob on where would be a good place to get a cheap used one.
Or would reducing the base boost possibly solve the problem instead? i sort of thought that the base boost level would be relatively unimportant if the apc is controlling the max boost, is that correct?
Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to put their tuppence worth in

R

·
0 Posts
For the time it takes to do Pete, I'd back off the base boost and see if it cures the problem. Too much base boost will cause excess boost with more throttle application.

All the same, it may be the actuator getting stuck and not opening the wastegate fully, or it may be the wastegate itself.

My previous 9000 FPT used to do exactly the same, but I never got round to solving it as at the time I didn't know what to look at.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts