SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to do a drain/refill for my final drive, would the skid plate need to be removed? Would it also have to be removed for a drain/refill/flush regarding the auto-tranny too? I would be more interested in disconnecting the return line to the tranny and connecting a clear pvc hose and flushing the entire tranny. I usually flush my trannys with coventional fluid every 10-15,000 miles, were 99% of my driving is hwy at 750-1,000 miles per week. What say you? Everyone say use type F and others have used and standby the universal ATF? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

91 900 turbo 16v 2.0 with A.T.

·
Registered
906 Posts
If you're just going to fill and refill, no, you do not need to drop the skid plate. If you are going to clean the filter, then yes, you do need to drop the skid plate.

The folks that use universal ATF tend to be those located outside the US where type F is not available. So...use type F or FA only if you have a choice for your tranny.

80-90 for the final drive.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
philbert said:
If you're just going to fill and refill, no, you do not need to drop the skid plate. If you are going to clean the filter, then yes, you do need to drop the skid plate.

The folks that use universal ATF tend to be those located outside the US where type F is not available. So...use type F or FA only if you have a choice for your tranny.

80-90 for the final drive.
Type-F is a Ford spec I believe. Dexron-III hydraulic fluid (which many people use quite successfully both in power-steering systems and in automatic transmissions of our c900's) is well-known and available most everywhere here in Australia.

Craig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.