SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that that radio needs to be properly 'divorced' when unplugging so that it can be properly re-installed.

Is this also the case with the SID?

And, if so, how is this accomplished.

I appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks,

rk93

·
Registered
12 Posts
HI RK,

I've also got a '00 9-3 SE and I've taken the SID out a few times to fix the display and have not done anything other than remove and unplug then replug and replace.

Joe

·
Registered
61 Posts
actually, it's my understanding that the radio being divorced and married only applies when you move it to another vehicle. I bought a used radio from goldwing, which they had divorced properly, and I plugged it into my car and had the dealership marry it to my car. you can remove and install from the same car all day and not need to worry about divorcing/marrying because the car knows it's the same radio.

the SID I believe does not get divorced/married...but I could be wrong...

the AC panel does not get divorced/married at all; I bought a used one of those from the same place, and it was straight plug and play. no need to visit the stealership for the TechII procedure.

Seth
'00 Viggen, 79k

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Edison517 said:
the SID I believe does not get divorced/married...but I could be wrong...

Seth
'00 Viggen, 79k
Not necessarily true all the time. In some cases you need to program it to the car in order to have some of the functions work properly. For a new or remanufactures SID you need to program it with the Tech II.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
rk93 said:
I understand that that radio needs to be properly 'divorced' when unplugging so that it can be properly re-installed.

Is this also the case with the SID?

rk93
The radio only has to be divorced for it to be fitted to a different vehicle - and it will then need marrying to that new vehicle - this is done using Tech 2 Saab's diagnostic / programming tool. (you do not need to do this if you are putting it back into the same car)

The marrying bit is to do with security and the vin number is required this stops people stealing your radio as it wont work in another car ;)

The SID does not need to be married or divorced however some functions do need programming, again via TEch 2 as has been stated. (Again you do NOT need to do this if refitting to the same car.)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Maybe not the same question but sa you guys seem very knowledgeable..

I am selling my ECU from my previuos tune, do I need to divorce or anything before taking it out of my car so it can be fitted in another 93?

I know in the new car it has to be programmed regarding the immobiliser...

Thanks

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
fromero said:
I am selling my ECU from my previuos tune, do I need to divorce or anything before taking it out of my car so it can be fitted in another 93?
Nope ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks All

No divorcing / No re-marriage.

And with a new SID... I feel like I have a new car...

Thanks,

rk93:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts