SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just recently got a 2003 9-3 Linear 2.0t SS with 101k, and my transmission is starting to slip in 2nd gear. not all the time, but its missed and jerked quite a few times while I'm turning or coming to a stop. I haven't seen any codes from the OBD but maybe I need a special one to read it; I read somewhere that some transmission codes require manufacturer specific readers (i.e. TechII). Anyway I see a transmission replacement in my future and I started shopping to see what prices I can find. The issue is I'm seeing a lot of auto trans but they keep listing them for convertible or sport combi and then there is maybe 1 or 2 for 4D SS. Did they really give different transmissions for these trims or is this just something the vendors are doing? Also how do I know if I have a low or high pressure engine?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
A 2003 Linear is the low pressure turbo - AKA small "t" emblem - (Usually:).

There are some transmission differences particularly in 2003 VS 2004+

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
A 2003 Linear is the low pressure turbo - AKA small "t" emblem - (Usually:).

There are some transmission differences particularly in 2003 VS 2004+
Yes the "high pressure" was the Arc and Vector/Aero. The engines are a bit different.
I believe the 5 speed tranny is the same for all 4's for most of the years. Naturally there were probably some improvements along the way.
You also might need a Tech II to marry the new tranny to the car.

This is also a very common Toyota tranny so most shops should be able to take care of you.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
is this something I can see without pulling the tranny? Like would it be on the pan underneath or something?
Tag is visible from top:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts