SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes my LF window gets stuck and didn't come up for hours. Thought it was the module, but didnt find anything so went for the motor today on a rainy day.

Thought my starter motor was filthy, but this little sucker was worse with worn brush dust.
20191222_232130.jpg
20191222_231301.jpg

White gearbox is sealed with some white hot glue. So, just left it be. Looks like the gasket failed leading to leaks and ultimately rust on inner metal casing.

After cleaning!
20191223_002813.jpg

Used back of Xacto to scrape out gunk on commutator. 2 small brushes may need repl soon. But all is smooth now, greased up & dry tested. Just gotta put em back on when sunny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saabseki, I'd be interested to know if it's possible to test the motor assembly out of the car? I saw that somebody had run it with 12V seperately, but not sure with what supply. I've tried mine with a bench PSU which can do about 4A, but the motor stalls immediately. Don't know if it's because the gearbox is siezed, or the PSU dosen't have enough grunt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually, never mind! I got brave and stripped down the motor the way you did. A bit of greasing up and all works fine again...
Thanks for the inspiration!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, easy diy! Just a tedious job, removing old gunks and rust, then some lithium. I used alligator clipped 12V Craftsman drill batt to bench test - motor alone, then with gear. Glad all worked out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts