SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

it's been kind of a joke between me and my audi-driving buddy, but i've been starting to wonder if my diverter valve's silly sounds are meant to be this way, or if it indicates a malfunction of sorts.
when i let off the gas, the diverter valve makes a sound like a bird. since that description is fairly lousy, i took off the air filter and video taped it on my phone. -->
any input would be appreciated!
thanks!:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey mate it the chatter sound is because the air is being forced back into the intake thru the turbo making the birdie sound :)

it is prolly because the recirc/diverter valve is not dumping enough air or even not any of it..

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
that sound is compressor surge, very bad on the turbo. check the vac line to the diverter valve and or replace the valve. if you neeed one i have many. just pay shipping i have no need for them.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
It sucks you can't vent to atmosphere like us T5 guys can. I have mine angled downwards towards the fan shroud to make it sound louder. If it ever fails or starts to fail, I'll know right away if the noise is different.

Might be worth it to check the long hose going from the valve back into the intake track. There might be a split or a loose hose connector and air could be "squeaking" through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts