SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I disconnected the 3-wire connector from the distributor in my white Saab, I found out the plastic housing on the distributor side was too brittle and just shattered. Does anyone know if I can get a replacement? If so, what would the part number be?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I think it is on of those obsolete parts for c900 and everyone needs it... but I read somewhere that it can be fixed with silicone glue or similar, would like to hear from someone who did it, cause I need it too :)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If push comes to shove, I am going to rewire it to Volvo LH 2.2 connector, as I can get them alll day.

Or, *any* 3 pin connector I fancy. Stop worrying about keeping it stock.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
If push comes to shove, I am going to rewire it to Volvo LH 2.2 connector, as I can get them alll day.

Or, *any* 3 pin connector I fancy. Stop worrying about keeping it stock.
It's probably some kind of AMP connector. It is always a pain in the *** because the wires are like 10 mm long for a length of 10mm so there is not much to do and careful is needed. Unless you break the connector apart and save all wiring. If the wire is not broken you can just affix it with a tie-wrap but be careful the hall-sensor wheel doesn't eat the wires because if so, you'll have a long walk home.

·
Super Moderator
3,026 Posts
There's no resistors or anything in the connector, just the wires. Rewired this over 20 times, it breaks after about 20 to 45 minutes of run. The rotor in the distributor slices through the wires and you're screwed, it's a royal pain in the ***. I eneded up buying an 85 SPG distributor (I have a 93 C900T vert) and as long as you have the connector from the 85 (or any earlier year) just solder the wires into place and you're good to go!

For older C900 distributor's to new wiring:

Red from Older dirstributor wire goes to the black of the new wiring.
The other two, green and black, match up perfectly.

I would suggest just buying a remanned one of an older distributor on eBay, I got mine for $35 practically brand new, when the newer plug styles are almost $200 bucks!

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts