SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Distributor disadjusted

Today it happens again.
I tried to start in a slope, then the engine moves up and hit with the distributor the brace in the bonnet.
I check the cup of the distributor and apparently everything is allright. The car never starts again.
Could be move from place the rotor inside with the bump? IS there any fixed position for the rotor inside to start the car again? If so should I check the ignition speed again?

THis SAAB 900 distribution position is a nightmare.

By the way I found that I miss in the distribution this dust protector, is it necessary to install? (see attached pic)

SAAB 900i 88 110hp B201 H catalized

·
Registered
180 Posts
Saw your old thread and your picture. Could there be a problem on the other side motor mount? If that side is too low, it could raise the distributor side of the engine. (don't really know that year, I'm a 93). Just a thought.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally I could solve all this issue.

Here is the solution,

1º I lower the rubber bumpers in each coner in the front of the bonnet, with this I could lift the bonnet enough so the brace do not touch the radiator hose. I know that with the movement of the engine the brace will touch it sometimes but I think is a minor issue.

2º The distributor cap was a really night mare because starting the cars on hills the cap get out of the place, even aparently is on place, and then the rotor inside graze the surface of the cap and finally the rotor brokes itself or roller idle. The other day until I tried to roller the rotor it tooks a long time to find out that the rotor was faulty. I insist with a no deep eye inspection everything seems ok, but after hours you see the inside of the cap grazed and the rotor rolling idle. The another issue trying to spark the engine, I tried for a long time so I got the engine flooded, so I change the sparks and nothing until I press the throtle to the end and insist starting the engine and voila, it works. Finally for preventing the brace to hit the distributor i change the cap for another compatible with the wire exit facing down (See pics) ref. VK 334 / 0 330 920 234. This was an OEM in SAAB 900 turbo 1993-1994, it s seem that SAAB come across the same solution than me.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11XUJZ9qFi1AzfZFRE4UGVWgYRn_hqLdi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts